Lower back pain is something almost everyone experiences at some point or another, and it can quickly turn from a minor annoyance into a debilitating health issue. Here are some signs you should see a chiropractor about your lower back pain:
- You sit at a desk all day—Sitting at a desk for most of the day can strain your lower back and cause chronic pain. A chiropractor can use specialized techniques to minimize this pain and introduce you to strategies for keeping it at bay.
- You have a pinched nerve—If the pain in your back is worsened during certain movements, you may have a pinched nerve. Seeing a chiropractor can identify the location of the pinched nerve and ease tension in this area of your back.
- You’re an athlete—Engaging in intense physical activity on a regular basis can be hard on your muscles, especially your lower back. A chiropractor can help you improve your back pain while enhancing your range of motion for better athletic performance.
- You’ve tried everything to find relief—Do you feel like you’ve tried everything to find relief from your lower back pain? A chiropractor may finally provide some relief from this chronic pain.
- You’re relying on over-the-counter pain medications—If taking over-the-counter pain medications has become part of your norm instead of just an occasional way to fight the pain, a chiropractor may be part of a better long-term solution.
- You’re limiting your activities—If you’ve stopped doing things you normally enjoy doing, like exercising, working in your garden, walking your dog, etc., because of your lower back pain, it’s time to see a chiropractor.